S. Korea maintaining stable LNG supply amid Israel
简介South Korea maintains a steady supply of liquefied natural gas and is actively preparing for potenti ...
South Korea maintains a steady supply of liquefied natural gas and is actively preparing for potential contingencies amid Middle East geopolitical uncertainties, the industry ministry said Tuesday.
"There have been concerns over the supply of gas following the Israel-Hamas incident amid the lingering war between Russia and Ukraine, but the supply currently remains stable," Director-General for Resource Policy Ryu Peob-min said during a meeting with industry officials.
"However, in the event of a further escalation of the Israel-Hamas situation, we cannot rule out its potential impact on the domestic supply. We are committed to remaining vigilant and thoroughly preparing for an emergency," he added.
During the meeting, the state-run Korea Gas Corp. noted that the country is maintaining LNG reserves at maximum capacity, with the supply anticipated to remain stable through the end of March.
The government plans to hold regular meetings with KOGAS and other LNG importers to maintain a stable supply of the resource, the ministry added. (Yonhap)
BM from the co-ed quartet Kard is set to make a solo comeback this month for the first time in more ...
Im Soo-jung and Lee Dong-wook seem like a good match in Korean romance flicks – as seen in Lee’s spe ...
South Korea is set to make its final presentation for the 2030 World Expo host city bid in Paris on ...
북·러 또 무기거래? "나진항에 석달새 대형선박 18척 드나들어”
Hyundai’s ‘Uni Wheel’ system gives more room for different car designs
BTS gets 6th top honor at 2023 MAMA Awards
Court clears cabbie in death of passenger who jumped out of moving taxi
[Herald Review] '12.12: The Day' avoids usual pitfalls of historical films
HiteJinro soju seeks bigger footing in UK
- Seoul shares inch up on bargain hunting ahead of Fed meeting
- [Herald Interview] Pleasantly surprised
- Nearly 1 in 3 senior pensioners look to employment to make ends meet
- CJ’s Korean
- 尹 “연금안 맹탕? 근거·합의 없이 숫자로만 결론 낼 수 없다”
- JYP's Japanese girl group NiziU debuts in Korea with single album ‘Press Play’
- SPC Chairman's office searched over alleged unjust labor practices
- Gov't to complete vaccination of cattle by Nov. 10 to prevent spread of lumpy skin disease
- Seoul shares open lower ahead of Fed meeting this week
- [Today’s K
- Cheong Wa Dae to open for winter night stroll event
- Samsung Biologics sees highest
- S. Korea, Japan, China agree to accelerate summit efforts
- Seoul anticipates 3
- Jeju's autonomy is model for Western Sahara: Morocco
- Violinist Yoo Da
- Hanwha Ocean developing submarine stealth technology
- South Korea warns tit
- Seoul shares close tad lower ahead of BOK's rate decision
- Transgender blind spot in hospitalization: NHRCK
- Trilateral cooperation unaffected by US election outcomes: Goldberg
- Seoul reviews scenarios for restoring guard posts in DMZ
- BTS gets 6th top honor at 2023 MAMA Awards
- Volvo EX30 debuts in Korea
- Daily Sports Hankook hopes to help stengthen Korea
- Hyundai Motor bolsters global partnerships through Expo campaign
- LS Materials to tap deeper into EV, green energy markets
- 'Do not open plane doors' warning mandated for planes in flight
- [Herald Interview] 'Korea strives to set global standards for data protection in generative AI era'
- School violence drops, drugs among teens surge: police